Hello and welcome on KinoGeneva’s website and one of our few pages in english (for the time being). Briefly, the 2020 kabaret is the 6th edition. We welcome all actors & actresses, technicians and people motivated to help. Like Montreal and Bruxelles’ Kabarets, we only accept a limited number of directors, that is twelve per session, there are 3 sessions. Thanks to our generous partners we have a large choice of professional equipment and we are proud to have many professionals among our participants.
You can find the detailed program here.
To register for the Kino Kabaret, you need to:
– Create an account on our platform
– Validate by e-mail
– Fill in the requested information regarding your identity and your skills*
– Then fill in the registration form for the Kino Kabaret
* You will need a CV, a picture of yourself, for directors link(s) to previous films, and if you are an actor or actress, a 15 second (precisely) presentation video.
register here (registration is still in french for now, unfortunately*)
* Our apologies, our registration process in still in french for the time being. Our membership platofrom is quite complex and still in beta. It will soon get a complete graphic and navigation overall, until then we cannot have a complete english version.
If you are already a member of our platform, verify and update your profile and follow up with your registration for the Kino Kabaret. Applicants for a director spot are highly encouraged to update their motivation text.
Director spots are limited and applicants are subject to a selection process by our artistic direction. You have until December 16th to apply. We will answer before christmas. Selected directors will be asked to confirm by January 2nd, should there by any cancelations a second round of selections will be made including all applications submitted by Januray 2nd. We will communicate the definitive selection on January 7th.
There is no deadline for actors-actresses, technicians, etc. but the earlier the better. So as to have your badges and profiles printed and ready by the Kabaret launch day (January 11th), you must have filled in your profile and application by January 7th.
* Participation fee is CHF 25 per person, and CHF 150 for directors (CHF 125 for non swiss residents). This includes a badge, a print out of your profile in the KinoLab, your profile and access to our internet platform, access to the KinoLab 24/7 during the Kabaret, helps cover insurance costs, and entrance to all 3 screenings.